The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at The Hayling College
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is one of the more popular enrichment activities at The Hayling College.
The award provides an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding programme of personal development, giving confidence and a wide range of skills that are highly attractive to employers, universities and colleges.
By participating, you will make a difference to yours and other people’s lives and your community, be fitter and healthier, make new friends and have memories to last a lifetime.
Participants will develop:
- Self-belief and self-confidence
- A sense of identity
- A sense of responsibility
- New talents and abilities
- Team-working and leadership skills
- The ability to learn from and give to others in the community
- Independence of thought and action
- An awareness of their potential
- New relationships
- Key skills including problem-solving, presentation and communication.
More information can be obtained by contacting Mr Pomfret on Jon.Pomfret@hayling.hants.sch.uk